Receiving a bouquet of flowers, whether for a special occasion or “just because,” is something you want to remember. Preserving flowers for as long as possible is a great way to honor the occasion and the sender at the same time! The floral experts at Campbell’s Flowers have great advice about how to keep your flowers as fresh and beautiful as the day you received them.
When you receive something as vibrant as our Seaside Oasis, keep these sunset hues as bright as possible with a few special steps to care for them properly.
- Cut an inch off the stems at an angle and underwater.
- Remove all foliage that falls below the water line in the vase.
- Add a preservative. If a packet of preservative didn’t come with the flowers, mix your own:
- One pint of clear, non-diet soda (Sprite, Mountain Dew, 7-Up, etc).
- One-half teaspoon of bleach
- One pint of warm water
- Place flowers in the coolest area possible for display- try to avoid drafts, direct sunlight or heat.
By following these simple steps, your flowers will maintain their gorgeous essence for weeks instead of days. Campbell’s Flowers encourages you to change the solution in your vase every few days for maximum freshness. Talk to our professionals about your specific flowers and how to maintain them anytime. We’re here to help!